Light Duty Mechanic & Yard Manager
Location: 111 Commerce Way South Windsor, CT 06074
Occupational Category: 49-3050
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Salary: USD 38000.00 $38,000 / year
Description:M&S Paving and Sealing Inc. is seeking a Light Duty Mechanic & Yard Manager.
M&S Paving and Sealing, a local, family-owned paving and full-service asphalt maintenance company with over 35 years of experience, is looking for motivated a Light Duty Mechanic & Yard Manager to join our team. Having recently consolidated our operations in our office in South Windsor in order to launch our business expansion program, we service customers within a 75-mile radius and provide full service asphalt installation and maintenance services. We provide health and pension benefits to our employees and have a strong, well-deserved reputation with our customers and our local community.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Mechanic/Yard Manager is responsible for assisting with the safe and efficient operation and loading of construction equipment such as triaxle dump trucks, excavators, graders, and rollers. In particular, the Mechanic/Yard Manager will be responsible for preparing the asphalt and concrete teams’ trucks and equipment for the day’s work ahead and breaking down and refitting the teams’ trucks and equipment at the end of the day.
This position will also entail reporting and managing basic engine and equipment maintenance in communication with the Operations Manager, helping with the loading and unloading trailers, and working on small engine repair
- Working with the Operations Manager to load, refit and prepare our trucks, trailers, and equipment for the asphalt and maintenance teams’ workday ahead.
- Working independently on small engine repair and maintenance
- Maintaining cleanliness, organization and safety in the yard and equipment bays
- Ordering and maintaining proper inventory of shop supplies.
- Making deliveries or site visit repairs to jobsites as necessary
- Reliable transportation to and from the M&S office
- 3 years of experience in an automotive or construction environment preferred.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance of equipment and construction vehicles
- Basic small engine repair and maintenance
- Strong ethical standard and confidence from the team to work alone in the yard
- Flexibility to work overtime, night hours and weekends on occasion if needed
- Obtaining or maintaining a CDL license is preferred
- Mandatory use of Personal Protection Equipment
- Health and dental coverage
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Holiday pay
Date Posted: June 14, 2019 April 16, 2020
If interested in this position, please click the Apply Now button below to proceed.