Laborer – Asphalt & Concrete
Location: 111 Commerce Way South Windsor, CT 06074
Occupational Category: 47-2060
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Salary: USD 32000.00 $32,000 / year
Description:M&S Paving and Sealing Inc. is seeking a Laborer – Asphalt & Concrete.
M&S Paving and Sealing, a local, family-owned paving and full-service asphalt maintenance company with over 35 years of experience, is looking for motivated, skilled asphalt & concrete laborers to join our team. Having recently consolidated our operations into our South Windsor location, in order to launch our business expansion program, we service customers within a 75-mile radius and provide full service asphalt installation and maintenance services. We have a strong, well-deserved reputation with our customers and our local community.
If you are an experienced Asphalt or Concrete worker who is looking for a full-time, rewarding, local opportunity with an established company, we would like to hear from you. Our business motto is we “Work Safe, Work Smart, and Work Proud” in order to continue to grow our business and provide a safe, mutually rewarding environment for our employees.
- Working Safe, Smart and Proud
- Using push blower and/or wire broom to clean surface prior to application of seal coat or crack fill material
- operation of all types of asphalt paving equipment including: asphalt paver, screed, rollers, broom skid steer, and backhoe
- Applying crack fill material utilizing a crack seal kettle and a wand.
- Applying seal coat material utilizing a long-handled squeegee and/or spray wand.
- Conducting manual labor including shoveling, brooming and raking.
- Operating on occasion small equipment operation, including a skid steer or highway broom
- Using hand tools ability to shovel, rake and handle other small tools.
- Equipment cleanup and organization of inventory.
- Assisting in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Willingness to communicate and learn basic job competencies.
- No less than 1 season of industry experience.
- Must have strong work ethic
- Commitment to a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift and carry loads within limits set by OSHA regulations
- Willingness to travel and work away from home when require
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, co-workers, contractors and the general public in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- A professional sense of discipline, composure and resourcefulness
- Current Driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Passing of background check and drug screening (required)
- Health and dental coverage
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Supplemental life plans
- Holiday pay
Date Posted: August 15, 2018 February 13, 2019
If interested in this position, please click the Apply Now button below to proceed.