Location: 111 Commerce Way South Windsor, CT 06074
Occupational Category: 47-2051
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Salary: USD 36400.00 $36,400 / year
Description:M&S Paving and Sealing Inc. is seeking a Concrete Mason/Finisher.
M&S Paving and Sealing, a local, family-owned paving and full service asphalt maintenance company with over 35 years of experience, is looking for motivated, skilled mason to join our team. Having recently consolidated our operations in our office in South Windsor in order to launch our business expansion program, we service customers within a 75-mile radius. We provide health and pension benefits to our employees and have a strong, well-deserved reputation with our customers and our local community.
If you are an experienced concrete worker who is looking for a full-time, rewarding, local opportunity with an established company, we would like to hear from you. Our business motto is we “Work Safe, Work Smart, and Work Proud” in order to continue to grow our business and provide a safe, mutually rewarding environment for our employees.
M&S maintains a fast-paced, drug-free work environment. Our employees possess a great deal of mental and physical stamina and are often independently charged to manage their job sites. In this environment, our workers must be detail-oriented, efficient, and have a personal commitment to doing the job right the first time.
- Organizing placement of concrete to proper elevations
- Taking flat work pour from prep to completion.
- Installing forms for placing concrete and grout.
- Establishing grades for slopes, flatness and ADA requirements.
- Pouring and finishing edges of a concrete slab pour.
- Hand finishing edges, pipes, drains and other obstacles in flatwork pours.
- Installing subgrade, reinforcing and placement of concrete using grade nails, stakes and rails per job specification.
- Using levels, site laser, transit etc. to set grades on flatwork.
- Using a bull float and finish broom.
- Placing and finishing concrete of any type; Trowel, Broom, Exposed.
- Patching and finishing any type of repair work
- Using soft-cut saw effectively and safely
- Verbal coordination with office to arrange material pours in a timely fashion
- Performing other duties as required.
- HIgh School Diploma or GED equivalent
- No less than 2 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job, including: methods, techniques, materials, tools used in craft installation, maintenance, and repair; and safety practices and procedures.
- Motivated to learn and develop additional skills
- A professional sense of discipline, composure and resourcefulness
- Excellent communication skills
- Health and dental coverage
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Supplemental life plans
- Holiday pay
Date Posted: July 31, 2018 February 13, 2019
If interested in this position, please click the Apply Now button below to proceed.