Class B CDL Driver
Location: 111 Commerce Way South Windsor, CT 06074
Occupational Category: 53-3032.00
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Salary: USD 35600 $35,600 / year
Description:M&S Paving and Sealing Inc. is seeking a Class B CDL Driver.
M&S Paving, a local, family-owned paving and sealcoat company with over 35 years of experience, is looking for motivated, experienced CDL Class B Driver to join our team. Having recently consolidated our operations in our office in South Windsor in order to launch our business expansion program, we service customers within a 75-mile radius and provide full service asphalt installation and maintenance services. We provide health and pension benefits to our employees and have a strong, well-deserved reputation with our customers and our local community.
If you are a licensed CDL Driver who is looking for a full-time, rewarding, local opportunity with an established company, we would like to hear from you. Our business motto is we “Work Safe, Work Smart, and Work Proud” in order to continue to grow our business and provide a safe, mutually rewarding environment for our employees.
M&S maintains a fast-paced, drug-free work environment. Our employees possess a great deal of mental and physical stamina and are often independently charged to manage their job sites. In this environment, our drivers must be detail-oriented, efficient, and have a clean driving record in order to ensure safe and accurate deliveries.
- Fully understanding how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle
- Driving trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pulling a towed weight LESS then 10,000 lbs.
- Loading and unloading construction equipment and their safe operation
- Ensuring your trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to your tractor unit
- Picking up and delivering loads and organize goods in an orderly, efficient manner
- Using telematic dispatch systems on Garmin GPS units to ensure efficient time and fuel management
- Ensuring your vehicle is always kept clean
- Maintaining and providing service requests (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.) as needed
- Obeying all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- 1+ years proven experience
- Valid CDL, Class B license required with Medical Certificate
- OSHA 10 Card
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Health and dental coverage
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Holiday pay
- Supplemental life plans
Date Posted: August 15, 2018 February 13, 2019
If interested in this position, please click the Apply Now button below to proceed.