CDL Driver – Class A
Location: 111 Commerce Way South Windsor, CT 06074
Occupational Category: 53-3032.00
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Salary: USD 35600 $35,600 / year
Description:M&S Paving and Sealing Inc. is seeking a CDL Driver – Class A.
M&S Paving, a local, family-owned paving and sealcoat company with over 35 years of experience, is looking for motivated, experienced Class A CDL Drivers to join our team. Having recently consolidated our operations in South Windsor in order to launch our business expansion program, we service customers within a 75-mile radius and provide full service asphalt installation and maintenance services. We have a strong, well-deserved reputation with our customers and our local community.
If you are a licensed CDL Driver who is looking for a full-time, rewarding, local opportunity with an established company, we would like to hear from you. Our business motto is we “Work Safe, Work Smart, and Work Proud” in order to continue to grow our business and provide a safe, mutually rewarding environment for our employees.
M&S maintains a fast-paced, drug-free work environment. Our employees possess a great deal of mental and physical stamina and are often independently charged to manage their job sites. In this environment, our drivers must be detail-oriented, efficient, and have a clean driving record in order to ensure safe and accurate deliveries.
- Fully understanding how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle
- Driving trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs
- Loading and unloading large construction equipment and their safe operation
- Ensuring your trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to your tractor unit
- Picking up and delivering loads and organize goods in an orderly, efficient manner
- Using telematic dispatch systems on Garmin GPS units to ensure efficient time and fuel management
- Communicating with office staff and the job foreman as needed
- Confirming weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Ensuring your vehicle is always kept clean
- Maintaining and providing service requests (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.) as needed
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Obeying all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Valid CDL, Class A license required with Medical Certificate
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- OSHA 10 Card
- 2+ years proven experience driving preferred
- Ability to operate electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Proficiency in using GPS and other routing systems
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Successful background check and drug test
- Health and dental coverage
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Supplemental life plans
- Holiday pay
Date Posted: August 15, 2018 February 13, 2019
If interested in this position, please click the Apply Now button below to proceed.