Asphalt Laborer – Danbury/New Milford Area
Location: 111 Commerce Way South Windsor, CT 06074
Occupational Category: 47-2060
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Salary: USD 35500.00 $35,500 / year
Description:M&S Paving and Sealing Inc. is seeking a Asphalt Laborer – Danbury/New Milford Area.
M&S Paving and Sealing, a local, family-owned paving and full-service asphalt maintenance company with over 35 years of experience, is looking for motivated, skilled asphalt laborers to join our team. We provide health and pension benefits to our employees and have a strong, well-deserved reputation with our customers and our local community.
If you are an experienced asphalt worker in the Danbury area who is looking for a full-time, rewarding with an established company, we would like to hear from you. Our business motto is we “Work Safe, Work Smart, and Work Proud” in order to continue to grow our business and provide a safe, mutually rewarding environment for our employees. M&S maintains a fast-paced, drug-free work environment. Our employees possess a great deal of mental and physical stamina and are often independently charged to manage their job sites. In this environment, our workers must be detail-oriented, efficient, and have a personal commitment to doing the job right the first time
- Using push blower and/or wire broom to clean surface prior to application of seal coat or crack fill material
- Assisting in the operation of all types of asphalt paving equipment including: asphalt paver, screed, rollers, broom skid steer, and backhoe
- Using an asphalt crack router to open surface cracks prior to filling.
- Applying crack fill material utilizing a crack seal kettle and a wand.
- Applying seal coat material utilizing a long-handled squeegee and/or spray wand.
- Conducting manual labor including shoveling, brooming and raking.
- Operating on occasion small equipment operation, including a skid steer or highway broom
- Using hand tools ability to shovel, rake and handle other small tools.
- Equipment cleanup and organization of inventory.
- Assisting in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Performing other duties as required.
- No less than 2 years of industry experience.
- Current Driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Passing of background check and drug screening (required)
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, and dusty environments.
- Must have strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, co-workers, contractors and the general public in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
- Commitment to a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to lift and carry loads within limits set by OSHA regulations
- A professional sense of discipline, composure and resourcefulness
- Health and dental coverage
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Generous pension plan
Date Posted: August 31, 2018 March 23, 2019
If interested in this position, please click the Apply Now button below to proceed.